Role: Key Account Director
Location: From Home/Nationwide
Salary: £70,000 – £75,000 + car/car allowance + bonus
To develop and grow existing key accounts in line with the Company’s strategy and goals that add real value, margin and EBIT and grow the existing business portfolio
- Increase internal volumes as specified under the direction of the Sales Director.
- Increase headcount for Account Management and Sales teams.
- Understand the Company’s goal and purpose to enhance the Company’s reputation and performance.
- Developing and negotiate contracts and integrate contract requirements with business operations.
- Work both solely and in conjunction with the Key Account Director to prospect for potential new clients to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities and turn this into additional business.
- Meet existing clients and the decision makers within the client organisation by growing, maintaining, and leveraging the clients internal network.
ROLE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of 3 Years’ experience in a sales capacity in Logistics.
- A minimum of 3 Years’ experience in managing people in a commercial environment
- Demonstratable track record of corporate account management, meeting revenue or EBIT, and conversion targets.
- Demonstratable track record of rate negotiation.
- Strong presentation and representation skills and experience.
- Broad understanding of the UK logistics market. A knowledge of B2B parcels would be advantageous but not essential.
- Full and current UK driving license.
Note: this is not a new business development role but requires extensive nationwide travel and overnight stays.
- Take ownership of your Sales Executives, Business Development Managers and Key Account Managers by driving positive performance results.
- Act as a coach and mentor offering true leadership to your team. Lead by example.
- Manage existing clients already onboard within the business.
- Arranging and travelling to clients sites to ensure KPI’s and SLA’s are met.
- To represent the Company to external new and existing customers
- Carryout routine industry reviews of potential new products and innovative solutions.
- Discover and explore potential additional opportunities with existing business.
- Support and manage new business implementations and other account administration in a timely and accurate manner including communicating to other internal teams as appropriate.
- Contribute to management information reports to share client agenda and updates internally in agreed timescales and formats.
- Work with Clients and operations teams to help improve process and delivery of solutions to make their business more efficient through different initiatives
- Provide requested ad hoc reports to internal teams and clients CUSTOMER:
- Strong customer relationship management skills including corporate and key account management.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with external customers and to effectively support the clients business needs.
- Ensure Customer expectations and requirements are met.
- Manage personally with escalated complaints until resolution by meeting, phone or e-mail COMMUNICATION:
- Communicate clearly to customers and to key contacts within the organisation
- Ensure all correspondence is checked for accuracy and is branded appropriately
- Cascade all relevant information to customers and team in a timely manner
- Support, facilitate and embrace a culture of open communication when relevant
- Communicate client needs clearly and succinctly to the business
- Communicate any trends or issues to team and agree action plans
- Together with key stakeholders in the business, support the negotiation and renewal of client accounts FINANCE:
- Participate in pricing the solution/service working with our Finance team and stakeholders to agree timely, accurate and competitive pricing on renewed business proposals whilst striving to maximise profit margin.
- You will work in an ethical manner and gain appropriate business stakeholder sign off prior to any new business contract being completed.
- Forecast revenue and EBIT for potential deals and / or renewals.
- Follow company process for travel costs associated with the requirement to attend external and internal meetings.
- This job description is not exhaustive and will be reviewed from time to time and amended by agreement.
- There will be an annual Company Performance Review with your Manager to consider progress, job description and performance in the post.
- This role is subject to an annual performance target which will include a minimum level of financial performance as agreed with the Sales Director and Regional Sales Manager.
- There may be a need for other comparable duties to be undertaken by the post holder from time to time as required by management.
Everyone has a responsibility to adhere to all companywide policies and procedures, which are updated from time to time.