Role: Business Development Manager
Location: From Home/Nationwide
Salary: £50,000 – £55,000
As a Business Development Manager, you are responsible for delivering new customers in the companies chosen markets, these roles are critical to the diversification of the business alongside development of the network capability as new customers come onboard with the client business.
- To develop and secure new business opportunities in line with the Company’s strategy and goals that add real value, margin and EBIT and grow the new business portfolio.
- To target specific market sectors above and as specified under the direction of the Regional Sales Manager.
- Understand the Company’s goal and purpose to enhance the Company’s reputation and performance.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Work both solely and in conjunction with the Corporate Relationship Executive to prospect for potential new clients to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities and turn this into increased business.
- Meet potential clients and the decision makers within the client organisation by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
ROLE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of 3 Years’ experience in a sales capacity in Logistics.
- Demonstratable track record of meeting revenue or EBIT, and conversion targets.
- Demonstratable track record of negotiation.
- Strong presentation and representation skills and experience.
- Broad understanding of the UK logistics market.
- Full and current UK driving license.
Note: this role requires extensive nationwide travel and overnight stays.
- Prepare and manage relevant tenders.
- Arranging and travelling to meetings backed by thorough research and preparation
- To represent the Company to external new and existing customers
- Carryout routine industry reviews of potential new markets and deliver findings
- Plan approaches and pitches and then set up meetings between client decision makers
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities
- Support and manage new business implementations and other account administration in a timely and accurate manner including communicating to other internal teams as appropriate
- Contribute to management information reports to share client agenda and updates internally in agreed timescales and formats
- Work with Clients and operations teams to help improve process and delivery of solutions to make their business more efficient through different initiatives
- An experience of B2B parcels would be advantage
- Provide requested ad hoc reports to internal teams and clients CUSTOMER:
- Strong customer relationship management skills
- Build and maintain effective relationships with external customers and to effectively support the clients business needs
- Ensure Customer expectations and requirements
- Manage personally with escalated complaints until resolution by meeting, phone or e-mail COMMUNICATION:
- Communicate clearly to customers and to key contacts within the organisation by phone and email
- Ensure all correspondence is checked for accuracy and is branded appropriately
- Cascade all relevant information to customers and team in a timely manner
- Support, facilitate and embrace a culture of open communication when relevant
- Communicate client needs clearly and succinctly to the business
- Communicate any trends or issues to team and agree action plans
- Together with key stakeholders in the business, support the negotiation and renewal of client accounts FINANCE:
- Participate in pricing the solution/service working with our Finance team and stakeholders to agree timely, accurate and competitive pricing on new business proposals whilst striving to maximise profit margin.
- You will work in an ethical manner and gain appropriate business stakeholder sign off prior to any new business contract being completed.
- Forecast revenue and EBIT for potential deals and / or renewals.
- Follow company process for travel costs associated with the requirement to attend external and internal meetings.
This job description is not exhaustive and will be reviewed from time to time and amended by agreement.
There will be an annual Company Performance Review with your Manager to consider progress, job description and performance in the post.
This role is subject to an annual performance target which will include a minimum level of financial performance as agreed with the Sales Director and Regional Sales Manager.
There may be a need for other comparable duties to be undertaken by the post holder from time to time as required by management.
Everyone has a responsibility to adhere to all companywide policies and procedures, which are updated from time to time.