Job Vacancy: Senior Engineer
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000
Working with our client, you will meet dedicated people who believe that advanced electronics is the key to a brighter, smarter future. Whether it’s advanced flight controls, smart surgical tools, intelligent vehicle charging or seamless automation everywhere, advancements like this come from the minds of passionate, creative people – working to a common goal, watching out for each other, and caring about making a difference in the lives of people all over the world.
Their passion? Simplifying the development of complex electronics… it’s the reason we exist as an organisation. Our way of life? Fostering a culture that values individuals as well as community and teamwork.
Work with a team that believes success is measured by more than the bottom line, where you’ll find opportunities to achieve your goals, contribute to the lives of others, and build a brighter, smarter future, together.
Our clients Sheffield facility is conveniently located between the M1 and Sheffield town centre. Awarded as Apprentice Employer of the Year 2019, the site employs 110 employees. The Sheffield site specialises in sensors, thermocouples, thermometers, transducers, transmitters, flowmeters and controllers. Their modern cell based manufacturing facilities are fully flexible for small and large batch runs, enabling us to provide short lead times even for customized products. The in-house manufacturing and testing is backed up by our own UKAS accredited laboratory for pressure, temperature, flow and electrical parameters. A team of field-based engineers also provide a full calibration, maintenance and repair service throughout Europe.
Role Overview and Responsibilities
We are looking to recruit a Senior Engineer to support the Engineering team. This is a broad role in which you will work on a provide support with mechanical design, production engineering and process engineering for our existing and future product portfolio of Flow, Pressure and Temperature sensing and Instrumentation products. The role offers lots of learning and development opportunities and guidance and support from senior team members will be provided.We are looking to recruit a Senior Engineer to support the Engineering team. This is a broad role in which you will work on a provide support with mechanical design, production engineering and process engineering for our existing and future product portfolio of Flow, Pressure and Temperature sensing and Instrumentation products. The role offers lots of learning and development opportunities and guidance and support from senior team members will be provided.
The successful candidate will be a team player, comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary environment as part of a growing team. This role will support the production and process engineers in delivering time, cost and efficiency savings across our entire product range.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
Job Purpose & Role
Working closely with process and production engineers the role includes:
- Be a leading member of the Engineering team to take products through the NPI Gate process.
- Have demonstratable project management experience.
- Be able to specify and deliver custom pieces of equipment from external suppliers.
- Contribute to company Kaizen events and value-added Engineering projects by utilising lean manufacturing methods.
- Support Operations with current product designs. Such reviewing manufacturing methods and ensuring associated product documentation is kept up to date.
- Provide support to the Sales team and Customers in engineering aspects of Standard Products and Bespoke Product Variants.
- Provide a high level of day-to-day support for Operations Staff.
- Ensure all Company procedures are adhered to – especially EHS and Quality requirements.
- Establish good working relationships with engineers throughout the Division.
- Liaise with both customers and suppliers as required.
The successful candidate will have:
- University degree Production/Process Engineering, or other related discipline with at least 3 years in an engineering role.
- An ability to work with multiple stakeholders in different projects simultaneously.
- An ability to demonstrate a structured approach to problem solving.
- Appreciation Lean manufacturing principles including any related methods eg. 5S, Six Sigma, Kan-ban, Kaizen.
- Fluent English.
- Experience with Flow, Pressure and Temperature sensors or mechatronics systems would be advantageous.
- Receptive to new concepts and methods.
- Excellent communication skills and computer literate.
- Strong organisational, multi–tasking and time-management skills.
- Ability to read technical drawings and appreciation of CAD systems. Any Solidworks experience would be advantageous but not essential.
- Knowledge of MRP systems such as SAGE/Epicor to create, amend and manage BOMs, part numbers and routings.
Working Hours, Compensation and Benefits:
- 39 hour working week.
- Competitive salary.
- 25 annual holidays in addition to 8 statutory holidays. Holidays can be taken hourly.
- TT Electronics Life Insurance (4x annual salary).
- TT Electronics Pension Contribution (up to 7%).
- Company share-save scheme (eligible after a qualifying period).